Please click on the short videos below for more information…
What is the Junior Certificate Schools Programme (JCSP)?
Aims of JCSP
The Junior Certificate Schools Programme aims to provide a targeted intervention programme that allows students to experience success early in their second level education. The JCSP is positive and effective in providing support for students, parents and staff and that will be dynamic and flexible in order to change, develop and adapt according to the needs of the JCSP students.
Benefits of participation in the JCSP Programme:
We aim to provide an intervention programme that allows targeted students to experience success, is positive and effective in providing support for students, parents and staff and that will be dynamic and flexible in order to change, develop and adapt according to the needs of the student.
JCSP will support participating students in the following ways:
- Supports including Literacy/Numeracy Initiatives, Recording Achievements/Profiling, Cross-Curricular Statements, Personal |Development Programmes, Celebrations and Certification;
- It is a targeted intervention and so a targeted group(s) of students will be selected each year and these students will benefit from specific extra interventions/initiatives. Students may be added to or taken from the JCSP;
- All students will be assessed and use will be made of existing assessments, in order to gain necessary information on literacy and numeracy levels of all students;
- Parents, staff and students will receive relevant information on a regular basis;
- Through JCSP activities, students and parents will further develop a positive attitude to learning and life in school;
- Provision of opportunities of in-service training for staff both within and outside the school will be encouraged;
- Students will develop academically, socially and personally as a result of participation in JCSP activities;
- Resources and materials will be provided to students and teachers as required;
- All students will be encouraged to participate in Cross-Curricular and ExtraCurricular activities both within and outside of the JCSP;
- Students may/will benefit from inclusion in academic, social and personal interventions such as homework club, after school ,activities, trips, events and summer camps.
Rewards and Celebrations
Celebrating student achievements and successful initiatives are an integral part of the JCSP programme at St Paul’s. JCSP students may be rewarded for their successful participation in initiatives with gift tokens, awards, trips or the JCSP summer camps.