Computing Summer Camp
COMPUTER SUMMER CAMP 2016
The Department of Computer Science at Maynooth University is holding a Computer Summer Camp for students aged 14 to 18 years old. The aim is to give students a chance to use and learn about the technology of tomorrow and to see and take part in research projects being undertaken in Maynooth. Also, it will allow school students thinking about their choice of university course to sample at first hand the college environment and find out what it would be like to study computer science at third level.
Activities planned for the week include:
- Computer programming – get a taste of what is involved in writing your own programs from scratch
- Music technology – how is music made using synthesizer instruments and computer-based music sequencers. Students will make their own music using these tools.
- Multimedia – use the latest software to create animations with graphics, sound and music.
- GPS – learn about the technology behind satellite navigation and look at some exciting new applications.
- Web-site design – learn how to put together exciting web pages with graphics, sounds etc.
- Computer graphics – how do 3D graphics on games consoles like the XBox work?
- Computer vision and sensors – how do computers see the world? How do movement sensors such as in the Wii games console work?
- Robotics – learn how to program simple robots.
(Please note this programme may be subject to change)
The Summer Camp runs for ONE week from 27th June to 1st July, 9.30am to 1.00pm each day and costs €75 for the week (online payment). Closing date is 10th June – to secure your place all applications and fees must be submitted by this date. Applications can be made online from 11th April 2016 and will close once all places are filled. If you cannot apply online please contact us:
Computer Summer Camp, Department of Computer Science,
Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
Phone (01) 708 3874, email: email@example.com
UCD Summer School for 5th years. June 7-10th. In all disciplines e.g. Architecture, Midwifery, Science, Law, Food and Nutrition and many more. Apply now www.ucd.ie/myucd/summerschool
NUI Galway Undergraduate Open Day on Saturday, April 16th from 10am-3pm. This event is suitable for TY and 5th yr students who are beginning to think about their University careers.