Summer Exams 2023
The Summer Exams will be held in the school from Monday 29th May – Friday 2nd June 2023.
These exams are a valuable preparation for students Junior & Senior Cycle Exams. They give students an opportunity to gain experience in answering exam questions properly, to make proper use of time and how to perform under pressure. In order to gain maximum benefit from these Exams it is important that students approach them in a disciplined way.
Students are asked to observe the following rules:
- Students must make themselves aware of the time of each exam and what they need to bring with them on the day. Timetable available from your Year Head.
- Students will be seated in their Base Classroom in their designated seat for each exam.
- All students must stay for the full duration of each exam and must give all their time to answering the paper in front of them, including going back over their answers when they are finished. Students are not permitted to study for the next exam if finished early.
- Break time: 11.00 – 11:10 & lunch time: 1:10 – 1: 50 for the duration of the exams.
- Students must keep the area around their desk and seats clean and free of books/copies at the end of every day.
- Anyone who disturbs the exams will be removed and punished accordingly.
- Students are not allowed to go to the toilet during the exams, pupils should go to the toilet during the designated break times.
- Students are reminded to bring all relevant equipment e.g. mathematical sets, drawing equipment, calculators, paper and graph paper to their base classroom. Students will not be permitted to go to their locker once the exam has started.
- Respect the right of every student to do his or her exam without disturbance.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that their exam paper is handed up to the designated teacher at the end of the exam and that their name is printed clearly on the front.
- Normal school rules apply regarding behaviour and uniform.
- Students should bring their own paper/ refill pad for answering the exams.
- Time/duration of Exams:
|1st Year:||1 hr study * / 1 hr Exam|
|2nd Year:||30 min study * / 1.5 hr Exam|
|5th Year||2hr Exam|