Student Guidelines & Procedures
House Exams Christmas 2017
- House Exams begin for 1st and 2nd year students on Tuesday 28th of November 2017 at 11.10 and for 5th Years on Wednesday 29th November 2017 at 11.10am. Students have class as normal up to these times.
- Exams are 2 hours long for 5th year students and 1 hr 30 mins for 2nd year students and 1hr for 1st year students.
- 1st year students will have 1hr at the beginning of each exam for revision.
- 2nd year students will have 30mins the beginning of each exam for revision.
- Students are reminded to bring all relevant equipment for these exams, e.g. tech sets, calculator, art packs including paper and graph paper.
- Students should be seated in their appointed seats at the beginning of each exam.
- Students are expected to work silently for the full duration of each exam.
- Anyone who disrupts these exams will be removed.
- Students are not permitted to go to the toilet during the exams.
- Students who are exempt from Irish and French use those timetabled exams for study.
- Students are permitted to bring their bags into the examination hall.
- Students are not permitted to study for subsequent exams if finished early.
- Normal school rules apply regarding behaviour and uniform.
- Personal music players are not permitted as per school rules.
- Eating and drinking in the exam hall is not allowed. Students must keep the area around their appointed seats litter free.
- Students are responsible for ensuring that their exam paper is handed up to the designated teacher at the end of the exam.
- Students remain seated until all exam papers in the hall are collected and they receive instructions from a teacher that they can leave.