Occupations Evening in St Paul’s 25th Nov
=> list of the rooms that speakers will be sitting in on Wednesday evening
Sample questions that you could ask on occupations evening:
- What day to day duties are involved in your job?
- What parts of your job do you enjoy?
- What parts of your job do you not enjoy as much?
- How much of the job is office based?
- What are the employment opportunities like in your particular area?
- Is the pay and working conditions poor, satisfactory or good?
- How much time off do you get e.g. four weeks annual leave?
- What are the future prospects for this job/career?
- What level of qualification would you need?
- What course did you study in college?
- What course would you recommend and why?
- Is the course more theory based, mixed or more practical based?
- What Leaving Cert subjects are useful for this career or course?
- Would you recommend another similar occupation?
- Do you or your firm offer work experience?
Please acknowledge that these professionals have been very kind in giving up their free time to help you make a more informed decision. Don’t forget your manners!!