Home School Community Liaison (HSCL)
The Department of Education and Skills provides St Paul’s Secondary School with a Home School service. The correct name for this feature of the school is Home School Community Liaison Coordinator, but this is often shortened to Home School. The Coordinator is Brian O’Neill, who took over from Wayne Harrington at the beginning of September 2018. Mr. O’Neill was a maths teacher at St Paul’s from 1997 to 2003 and he returned as a counsellor and guidance counsellor at the beginning of 2016.
What is Home School?
Home School is part of our service, which seeks to build and support the partnership that exists between Parents, School and Community in order to maximise the benefits of education for your child. The service includes courses for parents, home visits, face to face meetings and phone, text and email contact.
Home School activities include
Courses for our Parents:
- Home visits are made to improve contact with the school.
- To support families who might have a particular need, for example an illness in the home, which might affect their son/daughters performance in school.
- To give parents a voice in their child’s education.
- Mobile Number: 085 8400666
- Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
In Home School:
Partnership is the key concept
Supporting Parents is the key task